If you need evidence to make the case to invest in Information Security, here is the startling evidence – security breaches are on the rise and the damage they are inflicting on businesses are enormous, as illustrated by these charts.
Significant data breaches have gone up from less than 200 in 2005 to 1300 in 2017. Although, the data is specific to US, it would make business sense to assume that something similar is happening in Canada.
Amount of monetary damage caused by reported cyber crime to the IC3 from 2001 to 2017 (in million U.S. dollars). From statista.com
The monetary damage cyber crime inflicted on global companies in 2017 was a staggering 1.42 billion US dollars, up from 782 million US dollars in 2013.
If this is what is happening to global companies, imagine the damage a cyber attack can have on a small or medium-sized business (SMB). It can put it out of business.
So, it is time for Canadian SMBs’ to make information security central to their growth strategy.
RTI Consulting Services through its partnership with Microsoft is focussed on helping Canadian SMBs’ safeguard and grow their business, with Microsoft 365 Business: An integrated solution that provides SMBs’ with advanced security and device management capabilities along with the proven productivity enhancing capabilities of Office 365.
Talk to us about how we can help you implement and utilize Microsoft 365 Business to safeguard your data from external threats and leaks with security tools such as
- Advanced Threat Protection: For protection against malicious email attachments and links, and advanced threats such as zero-day threats, ransomware.
- Selective wipe from Intune: To remotely wipe company data from lost or stolen devices
- Data loss prevention: To safeguard sensitive data
- Azure Information Protection: To label and set permissions on files to ensure confidentiality
- Information rights management: To control who has access to company information
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard : To provide prebreach threat resistance in Windows 10
- Windows Defender: To enforce malware protection on Windows 10 devices
- Exchange Online Archiving: To ensure email is never lost