The role of the coach in leading and supporting Agile & DevOps transformations
The DevOps Coach inspires teams and individuals with thought-provoking and creative processes. The core focus of the DASA DevOps Coach is to enable and sustain the DevOps transformation. The DevOps Coach drives performance and is a catalyst for change, for individuals, teams and the organization
DevOps Coaches comprehend the essence of DevOps and how to coach teams in adopting DevOps principles or overcoming challenges. DASA DevOps Coaches are familiar with various coaching models and instruments and are able to apply the best model for the organization and people at any point in time. The DevOps Coach has become a critical role in driving DevOps success and organizational performance as DevOps requires a cultural shift towards a new mindset, behaviors, and ways of working.
With the DASA DevOps Coach™ certification, you can become a change agent for high-performing people, teams, and organizations. DevOps coaches are essential in the development of high-performing, self-organizing teams because they are knowledgeable about how to promote and implement DevOps principles in their true spirit.
DevOps implementation can be susceptible to misinterpretation, just as any other hypergrowth phenomenon in the IT sector. In addition to the appropriate tooling and technology, DevOps primarily involves a change in culture towards a new mindset and attitude for a new way of working within an organization.
The DASA DevOps Coach program aims to help professionals become efficient DevOps coaches by working with teams on building their abilities, knowledge, and behaviors. The DevOps Competence Model will be incorporated in this training as a coaching model for teams and organizations. While agile coaches are responsible for planting ideas, DevOps coaches can help build prototypes together and experiment with different theories.
A great DASA DevOps coach fosters increased transparency, accelerated delivery, and a continuous improvement attitude by communicating professionally with team members. As change advocates, they provide strategic coaching to enable companies to achieve their transformational goals so that when the time arrives, an organization does not lag behind but rather revolutionizes its business process change management.
When you have acquired the required knowledge from this DevOps Coach certification program, you will be able to:
- Recollect the knowledge of DevOps and connect the role of a DevOps Coach to the DASA DevOps Principles
- Comprehend the mindset and role of a DevOps Coach
- Understand the characteristics, structures, and life-cycles of DevOps teams and how to Coach them to high-performance
- Learn using the GROW model as an effective tool during the entire coaching process
- Discover and learn the art of “Feedback” and creating a feedback culture using various “Feedback” models
- Learn about DevOps transformation mastery
- Distinguish the responsibilities of “DevOps Coach” and “DevOps Leader”
- Understand that DASA DevOps Coaching is for continuous “Performance” and “Change” – and understand underlying the metrics.
- Learn skills, techniques and mindset shifts and deep dive into inner and outer competencies focusing both what you do, and how you are being
- Understand and utilize coaching skills and knowledge to create high performing teams that are resilient, innovative, resourceful and ready for their continuous improvements
- Understand the 4 different key modes: Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting. Learn when, why and how to apply the right mode
- Apply learnings to build a business case and plan for the DevOps Transformation journey
- Interpret the DevOps organizational goals and establish the critical role high performing teams have in this
Module 1: DevOps Journey – A Quick Preview
- Traditional to Agile to DevOps
- DASA DevOps Principles
Module 2: DevOps Coach Performance and Change
- Coaching for Performance
- Coaching For Change
Module 3: Being a DevOps Coach
- Foundational Competencies
- Enabling Competencies
- Coaching Modes
- Switch Between Coaching Modes
Module 4: Team Coaching
- DevOps Organization and Teams
- Team Development
- Gemba Walk
- DevOps Team Coaching
Module 5: DevOps Transformation Journey
- Transformation – The Seven Steps
- Value Stream Analysis and Architecture
- Automation and Tooling