- DevOps is the biggest thing in IT, since Agile software development gradually became the prevalent way of of software development after the publication of the Agile Manifesto in 2001. DevOps extends Agile software development into software delivery and software operations, through the creation of cross functional Dev & Ops team responsible for continuous delivery of value to the customer. In a nutshell, Agile and DevOps is the new way of working in IT.
- As organizations embark on Digital transformations and as Digital first companies proliferate, Agile & DevOps are accepted as the new way of working. While there is a lot of Agile software development training and certifications available, there isn’t something similar for DevOps. The DevOps training that is available is tools and automation centered. But DevOps is more than tools and automation, it is the new way of doing IT which means individuals, teams and organizations require guidance on how to do DevOps well.
- DevOps Agile Skills Assocation (DASA), an independent and open, members driven association offers comprehensive guidance – education, training and certification , to do DevOps well.
- The DevOps fundamentals course is a foundational course which provides the core education in DevOps vocabulary, principles and practices. Through real life case studies, examples and interactive groups discussions and extensive exercises, it provides participants a comprehensive understanding of DevOps.
The subjects covered as part of the DevOps fundamentals training are
- DevOps introduction
- Emergence of DevOps, and why DevOps is critical to individual and organizational success in the digital age
- Core principles of DevOps
- DevOps culture
- The business context of why the DevOps culture is needed
- The essence of DevOps culture and the concept of DevOps teams
- Adopting and growing a DevOps culture
- Organizational model – product (business system teams) and platform product ( PAAS, IAAS) teams
- Transitioning from activity focused to product focused teams
- Architecting for DevOps – Micro services architecture, architecting for system resiliency, strangler application transition pattern.
- Governance – product teams, platform teams, scrum teams
- DevOps and ITSM
- DevOps and Agile / Scrum
- Optimizing process using Lean
- User story mapping
- Continuous delivery
- Agile organization
- Automated build – continuous integration
- Automated test
- Automated deployment
- Automated provisioning
- Data center automation
- Continuous delivery of platform products
- Measure and improve
- Choosing the right metrics
- Measuring indicators of culture, organization, process efficiency, software development automation, data center ( platform) automation.
- Monitoring and logging
- Who should take this course
- Since the way of working in IT is changing to the Agile & DevOps way of working, anybody working in IT should take the DevOps fundamentals course
- More specifically
- Anybody working in development, testing, system administration, networking, security, IT management and Project management
- Anybody working as part of an agile development team – scrum masters, product owners, scaled agile team members
- Any body involved in or leading Agile & DevOps transformation initiatives
- Next steps : Please register for DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) DevOps fundamentals workshop. Upon registration and completion of payment ( pay through PayPal) you will receive the DASA DevOps course ebook, before the start date of the course. Please review the course book prior to attending the class.
Exam Information ( Booked separately, can be taken anytime upon course completion )
The DevOps Fundamentals exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI.
||Online and Paper-based
||Closed-book format, participants can bring scratch paper
||60 minutes, 15-minute additional time for non-native candidates
|Number of questions
||40, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)